Aadhaar Card is a standard twelve digit identification number provided by the government of India through the UIDAI. Aadhaar helps as a confirmation of identification and verification of address in India.
Punjab National Bank is one of the country’s largest government banks. PNB even spreads rapidly in the world of digital finance. Over the years, millions of consumers were served and seven banks were acquired.
It’s a convenient method for linking your Aadhaar Card with the savings and current account of your PNB. The following describes how your Aadhaar card can be linked to your account at PNB.
The Government made the linkage of its bank account with Aadhaar compulsory for all PNB customers. In case accounts not linked to Aadhaar are disabled until they are linked. Following offline methods enable account holders to link their banking accounts to Aadhaar.
SMS – Link PNB Account with Aadhaar
Punjab National Bank Account holders who have updated their mobile number with the bank can utilize this facility. The procedure is quick and instant. Customers need to follow these basic steps:
- From your registered mobile number with the bank, write a message in the given format AADHAR<space><Account number><space><Aadhaar number>
- Send SMS AADHAAR to 5607040.
- When the bank gets it, it starts the seeding procedure.
- Once the linking is done, you will get a message for successful seeding.
ATM – Link PNB Account with Aadhaar
You can visit any nearest Punjab National Bank ATM and follow the steps below to link Aadhaar with your account number.
- Go to the nearest PNB ATM and swipe in your bank debit card.
- Enter your secret pin.
- In alternatives, select ‘other services’ and select Aadhaar number registration.
- Type your Aadhaar number.
- Choose the proceed option.
- Again enter your Aadhaar number for verification.
- Press on the continue button.
- Choose the type of bank account whether savings or current.
- A message will be displayed on the screen showing the successful completion of the process.
Visit the PNB Branch – Link PNB Account with Aadhaar
Not every person is knowledgeable with technology and in this manner linking Aadhaar using offline mode is an alternative facility provided as well. Greater parts of aged people and senior residents think that it is hard to link their bank accounts with Aadhaar utilizing web or SMS. To connect your Aadhaar number with your Punjab National Bank account you have to visit the nearest branch.
- At your closest PNB branch, you should submit an application form to seed your Aadhaar number with your account.
- Fill up the form with your right details and submit alongside a self-attested copy proof of your Aadhaar card. The branch will at that point verify it.
- Upon successful verification, the branch will seed the Aadhaar number.
- A duplicate copy of your Aadhaar is kept with the bank to know-your-client (KYC) purposes.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your registered email or mobile number after linking is done.
This was the whole guide for those who were looking for the best offline methods to link Aadhaar Card with Punjab National Bank Account. I hope this information was helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to leave a comment below.
I am Arjun Kumar. I am the owner and administrator of Finance Gradeup. I have completed my education in Arts & Technology. Arjun Kumar usually has interests in playing games, reading and writing. He was a brilliant student during his college days. He also works for many private companies, but the main interest of Arjun Kumar is digital marketing. He thinks that reading is a must before providing any quality information to his readers. You can find Arjun Kumar on much social media handles online, or you can learn more about him in about us page.