State Bank of India, owned by the government, offers a variety of attractive loan schemes for education development. These loan schemes cater to all students who wish to study in India and abroad as per their specific requirements. If you wish to opt for an SBI Student Loan, Apply faster with the online application process. Check more Details of SBI Education Loan and Student Loan Schemes
SBI Student Loan – Eligibility Criteria
SBI offers an education loan that differs based on eligibility criteria for each type of loan. The key eligibility criteria for loan application are:
- Students should be an Indian national.
- The Student should have secured admission to the Indian university.
SBI Student Loan – Scheme Courses
- To Study in India:
- Students should have Graduation, PG with technical and degree/diploma courses approved by UGC/IMC/AICTE/Government.
- IIT and IIM students with a degree/diploma.
- Central or State-approved Teacher training/nursing courses
- The regulatory authority issued degree/diploma courses in pilot/aeronautical training
- To Study in Abroad:
- Students should have professional/technical graduation/post-graduation degree/diploma courses
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) courses in London and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the US
What Benefits does SBI Student Loan Scheme Offers?
State Bank of India charges no registration fees for the Student Loan Scheme. It offers students to get a maximum of 10 lakh rupees for studies in India and 20 lakh rupees to study in abroad.
Documents Required to Apply for SBI Education Loan
See the checklist of documents required to apply for the SBI Education student loan below.
- Duly-filled student education loan form
- Proof of Identity such as Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN/ Voter ID card
- Proof of Residence includes Xerox copy of the recent bill of Telephone/Current/Water/Gas Bill or copy of Aadhaar/Driving License/Passport
- Passport for student studies in abroad
- Academic Proofs – Certificates of Graduation result, Intermediate, SSC, and entrance exam result by which admission was given.
- Admission Proof – Require admission/offer letter issued by Institution
- Cost/Expenses of Study Statement
- 2 passport-size photos
- Provide any previous 1-year loan A/C statement of other banks/lenders
The Process to Apply for SBI Education Loan Online
Apply for a State Bank of India (SBI) Education Loan online by simply following the steps given below:
- Visit SBI official website https://www.sbi.co.in/
- Click on “Education Loan Web Platform for Students” in the “Personal Banking” section.
- Choose the “Student Loan” on the page.
- On this page, once Read all schemes, eligibility criteria list.
- Click on the “Apply Now Online” button visible on the right side of the page.
- Fill up the form with all the details correctly and submit the form.
The Process to Apply for SBI Education Loan Offline in 2 ways
Get a Callback
- Select the type of education loan from the Education Loan Platform of SBI.
- Click on the “Get a Callback’ tab.
- Fill the form with your details and submit.
- Enter OTP sent and select the confirm button.
- Go to the nearby SBI branch.
- Contact a bank official.
- Get guidance on how to apply for an education loan.
I am Arjun Kumar. I am the owner and administrator of Finance Gradeup. I have completed my education in Arts & Technology. Arjun Kumar usually has interests in playing games, reading and writing. He was a brilliant student during his college days. He also works for many private companies, but the main interest of Arjun Kumar is digital marketing. He thinks that reading is a must before providing any quality information to his readers. You can find Arjun Kumar on much social media handles online, or you can learn more about him in about us page.