Traditional banking has become a thing of past these days, in fact, a lot of banks these days offer banking services over the internet. There used to be a time where you would have to participate in long queues at banks to get your stuff done. But with the introduction of Internet Banking services, the process of banking has become very easy and simple. You don’t have to visit the branch to know your bank balance, fund transfer, requesting check book etc. All such basic things can be performed using the Internet Banking facility. In India, almost every bank has introduced the Internet Banking service to its customers.
In order to earn the privilege of internet banking, you don’t have to do anything other except holding an account in your desired bank. If you have an active bank account, then you’re pretty much all set to start using the Internet banking service to access and manage your bank account anywhere and anytime. However, you will have to register for the Internet Banking service first in order to make use of it and the process of Registration differs from bank to bank. A lot of starters find the Internet Banking registration difficult due to various reasons.
If you’re also one of them, then don’t worry. Today, in this article, we’ll be helping you in Activating/Registering Internet Banking Online. Well, this guide will be useful for those who are having an account in Axis Bank. Other bank account holders will not be able to use this method as it is limited to Axis bank only.
Process to Activate/Register Axis Bank Netbanking Online:
Before starting the process, you’ll be needing a couple of things i.e Customer ID, Account Number, Debit card. You can find your customer ID on your checkbook or passbook, and debit card will be provided inside the welcome kit you’ve been given while opening the account in Axis Bank. The Debit card should be activated first in order to register for Internet banking service, so just go to any of your nearest ATM and make a transaction to activate your Debit Card.
Step 1: Go To The Official Website Of Axis Bank:
- Head over to the official Internet Banking registration site of Axis Bank in order to start the process.
- You can use the given link if you want to directly open the Internet banking Registration portal.
- After opening the site, click on “Register” option. It will be located on the left side of the screen.
Step 2: Type In Your Bank Account Details:
- The first thing you need to enter is your Login ID and click on “Submit” to proceed further.
- In case, if you don’t know, your Customer ID is your Login ID which you can find on your checkbook.
- On the next screen, you need to enter your Bank Account Number and the mobile number which you have submitted while opening the banking account,
Note: The mobile number which is associated with your Bank Account should be accessible as you will be receiving one-time password on it. In case, if you’re facing wrong mobile number error during the registration process, then it’s probably because the number has not yet been linked to your bank account. So just wait for a couple of days or visit your branch to get it updated.
Step 3: Enter Your Debit Card Details:
- After entering all your bank account details, you will be asked to enter your debit card details as well.
- Just enter your 16 Digit card number, Expiry Date, PIN code of your ATM card and click on “Submit”.
- Select card currency as “Indian Rupee – INR” from the available options.
- Make sure you accept the Terms And conditions to proceed further in the registration process.
Note: You might not be able to get past this step in case if your debit card is not activated. Make sure to visit an ATM and withdraw some amount to activate your debit card. Only after activating your card, Go ahead with the registration process.
Step 4: Setup Login Password And Verify:
- Now all you need to do is just create a strong login password which contains at least one number, one alphabet, and a special symbol in order to make it strong.
- You will have to enter the password twice to confirm your Login password.
- Within a few minutes, you will also receive a one time password on your Registered Mobile Number which should be entered in the “OTP Code” field.
Step 5: Final Step, that’s all:
- You have completed all the steps in the Registration Process Axis Bank Internet Banking.
- Now you just have to check all the details and see if everything is correct such as Account Number, Password, OTP etc.
- After evaluating all the details, just click on “Submit” to complete the Registration process successfully.
You will receive a “Success” message on your screen if you are successfully Registered for Axis Bank Internet Banking, In case, if there’s any mismatch or the details entered by you are wrong, you will be asked to correct them and submit it again.
Now you’re ready to start using your Net banking account to access and manage your Bank account online without needing to go to the bank physically. You can perform various activities such as Bank Balance check, Statements, Fund transfers, Send requests to your branch, Fund transfers, Recharge and bill payments, etc.
In order to Register for the Axis Bank Internet Banking service, your account in Axis bank should be in the active state. In case, if your account is frozen or in a dormant state, then you will not be able to register for the Internet Banking facility. So, first of all, visit your branch to remove your account from the dormant state and make it active. If you are stuck somewhere during the process, then let us know.
I am Arjun Kumar. I am the owner and administrator of Finance Gradeup. I have completed my education in Arts & Technology. Arjun Kumar usually has interests in playing games, reading and writing. He was a brilliant student during his college days. He also works for many private companies, but the main interest of Arjun Kumar is digital marketing. He thinks that reading is a must before providing any quality information to his readers. You can find Arjun Kumar on much social media handles online, or you can learn more about him in about us page.