Why is Mathematics important in our lives?
Mathematics is an essential part of our lives. From counting the spoons of sugar your mother puts in the tea to how many notes of Rs. 10 did you get as your pocket money, and from the vendor measuring the weight of the fruits you bought to the amount of cold drink you get in a 1-litre bottle. All of these are a few of the very basic examples of how maths is a part of our everyday lives. It is important to realise the importance Maths holds in our lives and why it is a part of the curriculum taught in schools.
Students are introduced to various mathematical concepts like addition, subtractions, fractions, etc. as early as Class 1. The earlier one can start building a base in the subject, the better for them in the future. As students move on to higher classes, the topics and functions that are taught as a part of the mathematics syllabus increase in complexity and may become difficult for them to understand if they do not have a strong base of the fundamentals involved in the subject.
As the students get into Class 10, many find it difficult to score well in Maths. However, Class 10 includes the Board Exams in which students need to score well in order to get their choice of subject streams in Class 11, especially if they wish to study PCM (Physics/Chemistry/Maths). Difficulty in scoring well can be due to reasons like incomplete understanding of the concepts, weak base of the subject, or weak preparatory methods before the exam. One way to solve all of these issues altogether is to make notes that can help you improve your understanding, strengthen your base, and help you prepare in a better way before you appear for the Class 10 Maths Board Exams.
Tips to make notes for Class 10 Maths
We are listing below a set of simple and easy tips that students can use while preparing notes for the Class 10 Mathematics syllabus. These notes shall be helpful to students during their preparation before the Class 10 Maths Board Exams.
- Firstly, make sure that you are aware of the syllabus. There are often changes in the syllabus provided by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It is important that you know about all the changes and your notes cover exactly the topics that are a part of the updated syllabus for CBSE Class 10 Maths. Here is the latest syllabus for Class 10 Maths:
|Unit I: Number Systems
|Unit II: Algebra
|Unit III: Coordinate Geometry
|Unit IV: Geometry
|Unit V: Trigonometry
|Unit VI: Mensuration
|Unit VII: Statistics and Probability
Once you have the syllabus with you, start by making notes for the chapters that you find more difficult in comparison to others. Your notes should include the various functions, formulas, and methods that are a part of each chapter. Ensure that this list is handy so that you can revise these methods and formulas at any moment. This will help you retain them for longer. This list will also be helpful when you are solving questions and need to check the formulas.
- Often students practice by solving questions from reference books in addition to the Class 10 Maths NCERT. Make sure that your notes are based on the study material you are referring to. For example, while solving questions from RS Aggarwal for Class 10 Maths, you can make notes based on the RS Aggarwal Class 10 Solutions. This way, your notes will be diverse based on exercises from NCERT as well as other reference books.
- Your notes should be easily comprehended by you. Students are advised to make a separate notebook for preparing notes for Class 10 Maths instead of scribbling down on random pages or notebooks as this may lead to difficulty in finding the notes when required. Make sure that you write down in neat handwriting so that reading your notes later does not pose any difficulty for you and you can easily understand the topics discussed in your notes. Write your notes in a language that you can easily understand during your preparation.
- While preparing your notes for Class 10 Maths, you can also take help from your subject teacher, peers, or family members who have expertise in the subject. They can help you make notes of the important concepts or topics that have a higher possibility of being asked in the Class 10 Maths Board Exam. Your teachers can also help by ensuring that your notes contain accurate information so that you do not learn wrong details about the topics.
- Students can also take help from various online learning platforms that provide ready-made notes that students can download and access offline during their preparation. You can either study from the ready-made notes or take references from them while preparing your own notes. Make sure that the notes you find online hold accurate information that covers all the topics that are a part of your Class 10 Maths syllabus.
- Most importantly, you must revise regularly using the notes you make for Class 10 Maths. Without regular revision and practice, one cannot excel in Mathematics. To understand the correct application of the various formulas and functions that are a part of their notes, students must practice and revise using them to solve different questions. As there are a lot of methods and formulas that are a part of the Class 10 Maths Syllabus, regularly revising them will also help students avoid forgetting them before their exam.
Following these very simple tips when you are preparing for your Class 10 Board Exams will take you closer to achieving your goal of scoring full marks in the Maths Exam! All the best!
I am Arjun Kumar. I am the owner and administrator of Finance Gradeup. I have completed my education in Arts & Technology. Arjun Kumar usually has interests in playing games, reading and writing. He was a brilliant student during his college days. He also works for many private companies, but the main interest of Arjun Kumar is digital marketing. He thinks that reading is a must before providing any quality information to his readers. You can find Arjun Kumar on much social media handles online, or you can learn more about him in about us page.