In its decision, the Supreme Court upheld Aadhaar’s statutory legitimacy. Nevertheless, for filing income tax return (ITR), or even for applying for the new PAN card, the PAN should be connected to Aadhaar. In the case of orthographic errors and other errors, you may not be able to link the two with your Aadhaar card details. You may need to update the details of your Aadhaar Card for certain reasons.
UIDAI’s Aadhaar Card contains vital information of individuals such as name, address, telephone number, gender and date of birth. This contains an iris and a fingerprint (biometric data) scan of the user.
You may have to change your Aadhaar data only when your phone, address, etc were changed. As a holder of the Aadhaar Card, the information listed in it must be updated.
List of Details to Update in the Aadhaar Card:
Following are the details that can be updated by the user on the UIDAI website:
Community details, Residence address, User Name, Gender, Age, Date of Birth, Contact/Mobile Number, Address, Name, Gender, Age/Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Relationship Status, Email, Iris, Fingerprints, Biometric Information, and Photograph.
Online Process to Update Aadhaar Details:
This is a self-service mode in which you can conveniently request your address update on the website. To log in you need to use the OTP and the 12-digit Aadhaar number received on your registered mobile number. To complete the Aadhaar upgrade process, upload the Address Proof documents
Key Steps for Online Mode:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI, https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
- Users can choose the fields to update.
- Enter the fields with correct data and submit them.
- Upon submitting the form, an Update Request Number (URN) will be generated.
- Click BPO to review the updates.
- Enclose all copies of document proofs.
- View Aadhaar update status with URN.
Offline Aadhaar Update by visiting the PEC:
- Go to the nearby Permanent Enrolment Centre (PEC) for the Aadhaar update.
- This method assists users in biometric/demographic update request at the PEC. The operator collects the evidence documents for validating the update request from users.
The three assisted update modes by UIDAI are:
Update via Client Standard/ Client Lite:
Both demographic zones, biometrics, and local language can be updated. Biometric authentication is carried out on the back-end.
- The fields needing documentary evidence should be verified.
- Checking procedure is performed by officers assigned to the Upgrade or Enrolment Center by the Indian Unique Identification Authority/Registrars for Client Standard and the DDSVP Committee by Client Lite.
- The verification procedure shall be followed by the DDSVP Committee on Recommendations.
- Acknowledgment receipt along with the URN completes the process.
- The URN will be used to track Aadhaar update status.
AUA Point of Presence:
The Authentication Requesting Agency (AUA) is used by the chosen Registrar too. The UIDAI may provide APIs/applications for the update. The registrars that are picked for this approach are those considered to collect/generate/possess the particular demographic fields or to administer them. Such records should be maintained by the Registrar.
I am Arjun Kumar. I am the owner and administrator of Finance Gradeup. I have completed my education in Arts & Technology. Arjun Kumar usually has interests in playing games, reading and writing. He was a brilliant student during his college days. He also works for many private companies, but the main interest of Arjun Kumar is digital marketing. He thinks that reading is a must before providing any quality information to his readers. You can find Arjun Kumar on much social media handles online, or you can learn more about him in about us page.