Greenercars.com can help you choose the vehicle that is most friendly to the planet while meeting your transportation needs. Based on official emissions and fuel-economy tests and other specifications announced by automakers, We calculate the green score for every car, minivan, pickup and SUV on the market. The green score falls from zero to 100. A higher score means a greener car, which means a lower environmental impact vehicle. Check more details about Green Driving below.
Green Marks and Class Rankings:
In our table, the vehicles are grouped by class (i.e., type or body style, such as mid-car, minivan, standard pickup, and so on). To summarize our estimates and make it easier to find the highest rated vehicles in each class, we use a five-tier classification – depending on where a model falls within its class – high, above average, below average, and inferior. If its green score is worse than the overall average of all vehicles offered in this model year, no vehicle will ever get a better rating on its rating. Look for samples that are high or above-average to make it easier to find green scores.
Must Read – How to Transfer the Old Car Insurance to New
For most consumers, the green score and the class rankings are all about the environmental performance of the vehicle. Generally, a vehicle is a cleaner (with less pollution) or more fuel-efficient (less energy consumption and CO2 emissions).
The Real Cost of Driving the Green:
- While driving, there are plans to ban all gasoline and diesel cars by 2040, so going green seems to be the future of the UK.
- What effect does switching to a green vehicle on an electric vehicle have on drivers and their wallets?
- We have seen the most popular vehicles of every type; Gasoline, diesel, and electricity comparing numbers including initial purchase price, operating costs and insurance.
- In many cases the initial cost of buying electricity is very expensive, for example, it is more expensive to buy an electric vehicle for £ 10,000 than a gasoline model, but the running costs of electric vehicles are considerably cheaper.
Total Cost Compared:
- Buying petrol cars is on average £ 10,000 less than electric cars, and 9,757 less than buying diesel vehicles.
- In 6 years, electricity is the most expensive option, on average, 6 37,699 compared to 9 26,941 for diesel, 6 36,698 and petrol.
- The running cost of electric cars is 36% cheaper than gasoline and diesel.
- Lifetime operating cost (year)
- Gasoline and diesel cars spend more than $ 700 a year on fuel, while electric car users spend just $ 285.67.
- Although electric cars have the highest average overhead costs, they save money without paying road taxes every year.
- On average, diesel cars are more expensive to service, 46% more expensive than electric.
- Electric car drivers for more than 6 years will pay 36% less on fuel, road tax, and car insurance costs, despite more than half green driving.
- Reluctance to relocate due to cost concerns.
Read More – What Should You Check Before Buy a Used Car?
Making the Switch:
We asked 1,000 UK car owners about their thoughts on electric cars and whether they would consider switching from more traditional petrol or diesel vehicles.
In our survey, it was found that more than 60% of automobile users were unaware of government subsidies to reduce discounts and switching prices. Similarly, drivers under the age of 2/3 do not know where to charge for an electric car in their local area. We’ve lowered the cost of Greendriving the green – what can you save?
Sources and Method:
Averages for petrol cars are based on the top 3 best-selling cars of 2018, while averages for diesel and electric are based on the top 3 recommended cars in the article below the average price of all cars listed in the same article.
Fuel prices for gasoline and diesel cars were calculated by converting the MPG to liters and using 20 1.20 per liter. Lifetime taxes are calculated using the first initial tax payment when you register the car, then 5 of the tax rates for the second tax return.
Average insurance prices are based on taking the average for all ages listed on the source. Where the average car service cannot be found for a given model, the average underlying UK car service is used based on the source outlined. We have a range of services available, with the most comprehensive pricing available.
The total operating costs are tax, service, MOT, insurance and fuel costs. Fuel cost for electric cars is based on real kWh (as listed within the source), the average power cost is 16.5p, average annual mileage is 7900.
I am Arjun Kumar. I am the owner and administrator of Finance Gradeup. I have completed my education in Arts & Technology. Arjun Kumar usually has interests in playing games, reading and writing. He was a brilliant student during his college days. He also works for many private companies, but the main interest of Arjun Kumar is digital marketing. He thinks that reading is a must before providing any quality information to his readers. You can find Arjun Kumar on much social media handles online, or you can learn more about him in about us page.