Many businesses and brands require an online data transfer solution for your business that is fast and secure. A QR code is the answer. Before you go out and generate QR codes, it is important to learn more about the concept of QR codes. Two types of QR codes are available in the digital industry: dynamic and static QR codes. And they’re utilized for different purposes.
In this article, you will learn everything about Static QR codes and find additional best practices to succeed in your business.
What are Static QR codes?
If a QR code provides fixed information, then it is called a static QR code. QR codes are composed of scannable patterns of white and black square blocks with white backgrounds positioned differently. This pattern and alignment contain the information in a Static QR code. For example, your information could be an image, URL, resume, brochure, Google map locations, and payment details.
Here are some points to remember before using a Static QR code:
- It contains fixed information; once you encode your information, you can’t change or update your QR code.
- You can’t use advanced features like analytics or tracking under this type of QR code.
- It is permanent. Use one static QR code for a unique purpose for as long as you want.
- A static QR code is user-friendly to both customer and merchant.
What data can be stored in a Static QR Code?
A static QR code is similar to a grocery bag where you can store any goods. Here is a list of content that can be encoded in a static QR code.
- Files: You can store any images or files (size does not matter).
- Plain Text: You can store any plain text visually on the screen or add any Word files or PDF files such as promo code, serial code, and coupon.
- URL: Your customers can easily redirect to your websites’ homepage by scanning this QR code.
- Payment Details: After scanning, they either get your bank details or redirect it to their secure payment application that prompts the customer to complete their transaction.
- Contact Details: anybody can easily get and save your contact details by scanning your QR code.
- Event notification: Prompts your customer to save an event to their phone calendar or google.
Benefits of Static QR codes
Due to its ease of use, versatility, and security, QR code payments are gradually becoming one of the most potent transaction methods. Let’s have a look at the reasons behind this.
- Static QR codes do not expire. Because static codes cannot track scans or other usage signals, it will never know when to expire, even if you want to do so.
- A QR code can be up to ten times smaller than a bar code while yet remaining scannable. As a result, you may print smaller labels with more information.
- You can easily access a QR code if there is damage to any part of this code until it is completely damaged by itself.
- UPI scan code payments also minimize the chances of making a mistake, such as entering the wrong bank details or sending to the wrong recipient.
Uses Of Static QR code
Here are several use cases for Static QR Codes:
- Make a Static QR Code to provide more information about your product. You will be able to engage your customers more effectively this way.
- Generate a vCard static QR Code and encode your full contact information.
- Utilize a Static QR code as a CTA (call-to-action) button inside your web content.
Even financial institutions, smartphone makers, mobile app providers, and large merchants pay close attention to this technology. For example, Fave India offers great cashback to users who use the FavePay app (QR scanner) to pay for their purchases. In sum, QR codes are trending again and for all the right reasons!
I am Arjun Kumar. I am the owner and administrator of Finance Gradeup. I have completed my education in Arts & Technology. Arjun Kumar usually has interests in playing games, reading and writing. He was a brilliant student during his college days. He also works for many private companies, but the main interest of Arjun Kumar is digital marketing. He thinks that reading is a must before providing any quality information to his readers. You can find Arjun Kumar on much social media handles online, or you can learn more about him in about us page.