SBI bank is now doing great these days. Apart from providing the financial and banking needs to the customers. They are also providing the unique banking services which most of the government banks do not offer. We do know that SBI is one of the leading banks in India with more than 3000+ ATM’s across the nation. It has more customers than any other government bank. In this post, we are talking about the unique feature of SBI bank to generate ATM card pin ourself. Check SBI ATM PIN Generation steps below.
Meanwhile, there is no need to visit the bank for generating ATM card pin. You can do this by yourself using the methods we have mentioned below. Before this feature, we used to receive the ATM card pin by post on our address, and we need to scratch the card for our pin. Nowadays, the process is much more comfortable, and it is possible by the initiative of the green pin.
When bank issue a new debit card to anyone they require to send the debit card pin by postal which not only increase the cost for delivery but also takes time. The green pin initiative is to stop this method. So, the bank can provide you green pin, and after that, you need to set the actual pin via ATM. The green pin can be used only once, and it is temporary. For instance, you can call the green pin as paperless debit card pin.
Ways to Generate SBI Card ATM PIN:
There are many ways from which you can generate or change debit card pin of SBI without visiting the branch. You can change in case if you forget the pin. Otherwise, I will not recommend the pin change. Anyway, the ways to generate ATM pin are:
- By visiting SBI ATM
- By sending an SMS
- By calling SBI customer care
- Using SBI net banking
#1 By Visiting SBI ATM:
It is the first and most straightforward method to generate the SBI Card ATM pin. Once you receive your debit cum ATM card at your home. You only need to visit any of your nearest SBI bank ATM and follow the steps which are mentioned below.
- First, you need to visit the nearest SBI ATM.
- After that, swipe your debit card to ATM.
- Select PIN Generation option from the list.
- A message will appear on the screen and will demand you to enter the 11 digit account number for the security reasons.
- After the confirmation of the account number, you will be asked to enter the registered mobile number.
- Enter, and then press confirms button.
- Once you click the confirm button. A message will appear on the screen saying “A green pin will shortly be sent to your registered mobile number.”
- After that, use that green pin for setting the actual pin.
The thing you need to is after getting the green pin in SMS.
- Re-insert your ATM card on the machine.
- Select Banking from the options.
- Choose your preferred language from the options.
- On the next screen, enter the green pin which you received in part one.
- Then select pin change from the options.
- Enter the four-digits new pin.
- Enter again to confirm the new pin and then click the proceed button.
- If the pin change is successful, you will receive a confirmation message “Your pin change is successful”.
The new pin is now your actual pin which you use always and anywhere at any outlets.
#2 By sending an SMS:
The second method to generate the new pin for SBI Debit card is via sending an SMS. You only need to send SMS from the registered mobile number.
Example: SMS PIN ABCD EFGH (ABCD represent last four digits of the debit card number, and EFGH represent previous four digits of the bank account number linked to the debit card) to 567676
Once the message sent, you will shortly receive a new SMS containing the new green pin or OTP. The same you can use to generate the actual pin of your debit card by visiting any of the nearest SBI ATM’s. You can check out the above procedure for same.
#3 By calling SBI customer care:
Another method to generate a green pin using our mobile phone is by calling customer care IVR services of SBI. You can follow the steps mentioned below for the same.
- Call SBI toll free customer care at 1800 11 22 11/ 1800 425 3800 or 080-26599990
- Once the call is connected, choose the ATM and prepaid banking services from the options.
- Verify yourself using ATM card details.
- After that, IVR will ask you for the pin change.
- Once selected the particular option, you will now be asked to enter the account number linked to a specific debit card.
- Post confirmation the account number you will receive the new green pin via SMS to your registered mobile number and same is valid for two days only.
You can use the PIN you received on your registered mobile number for getting the actual pin. You only need to visit the SBI bank ATM near you, and you can take an example of the above procedure for a detailed overview of the next steps.
#4 Using SBI net banking:
We do know that above-listed methods are two-step procedures. You need to visit the ATM for sure after getting the green pin on SMS. It is not the same as this method. If you do have access over internet banking, then you can generate your ATM card pin without visiting anywhere.
You can follow these steps for the sbi atm pin generation:
- First, you need to visit the login page of internet banking, and you can do this by clicking here https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm
- Second, log in to your internet banking portal by using correct credentials.
- From the main menu, you need to select the E-services as an option.
- Then click on ATM card services.
- Under the ATM card services option, you will find the prospect of ATM card pin generation.
- Click on the ATM card pin generation.
- You can select the confirmation either by OTP or Profile password.
- If profile password then enters profile password on the screen and click on confirm.
- On the new ATM Pin generation page, you only asked to enter the unique two-digit of your ATM card pin, and the rest of 2 digits will come through SMS to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the two digits and choose the two numbers and confirm.
- That’s it. Once you have your new PIN, you need to go to ‘e-Services > ATM Card Services > New ATM Card Activation’ to activate the card.
SBI green pin enables the customer to set their actual debit card pin themselves. There is no need to wait for the postage delivery to get access to your debit card. Green pin initiative by SBI is one of the best steps for allowing customers to generate their perfect pin themselves. In this post, we have mentioned same about how can you generate SBI ATM Debit card pin or SBI ATM Pin Generation without visiting branch. We have added four ways to create a new debit card pin. Do let us know if we are missing something.
I am Arjun Kumar. I am the owner and administrator of Finance Gradeup. I have completed my education in Arts & Technology. Arjun Kumar usually has interests in playing games, reading and writing. He was a brilliant student during his college days. He also works for many private companies, but the main interest of Arjun Kumar is digital marketing. He thinks that reading is a must before providing any quality information to his readers. You can find Arjun Kumar on much social media handles online, or you can learn more about him in about us page.