HDFC bank is one of the leading private sector banks in India. It is leading the banking industry in terms of finance, savings accounts, and other banking services. HDFC bank does more than any customer expectations and in recent years. The growth rate of HDFC bank is up to par. Many customers recently opened a bank account with HDFC bank for getting various services. The one thing for which HDFC bank is famous for the credit card. Check How to Close an HDFC Bank Credit Card below.
HDFC bank is one of the most competitive banks. Which does provides credit cards quickly to the customers. This is not the end. HDFC bank also offers attractive limits and usage on their credit card. However, It is easy to use a credit card but difficult to pay the bills. Most of the cardholders realize that maintaining a credit card affair is not easy at all. On the other side, some customers have never used their credit cards because they habited for using cash or debit cards. In these situations, It is advised by the bank to cancel or close their credit card if they are not using it further. In this post, we will be discussing the same and the process for closing the HDFC bank debit card.
How to Cancel or Close an HDFC Bank Credit Card?
When it comes to HDFC bank, all the services are easy to avail and use. Whether it comes to net banking or credit card deactivation. HDFC bank has an appropriate process for all of the services. You can raise the request for cancellation of credit card, and once your application is processed, the credit card will automatically deactivate in 7 working days. Let me show you the whole process.
Process for cancellation:
- You can call the toll-free HDFC bank helpline number 1800-425-4332. And ask them for the deactivation of your HDFC bank credit card. Follow the further steps on call and soon after the submission. Your credit card will get closed shortly.
- Another option for the cardholders is, they can download the duly form for the cancellation of a credit card. You can download the form from the official website of HDFC bank. After download, fill the form and send it to the local office address or home branch address. However, The cardholders need to mention everything correctly like the card number, CVV, expiry date and the pin of the credit card.
- Once the process is initiated for the cancellation of the HDFC bank credit card, the cardholder is now required to burn off the credit card physical copy they have. Soon after the process is initiated, the credit will get closed within 7 to 10 working days.
Things to remember before canceling or closing an HDFC bank credit card:
We know that HDFC bank credit cardholders can cancel or deactivate their credit cards anytime. But it is always advised to look out for some precautions or things before initiating the process. I have added some clear definitions in points that you need to read before the cancellation of your credit card.
- Dues payment: This is the essential thing you need to clear at first before the cancellation of your credit card. HDFC bank cardholder needs to clear all the outstanding dues or EMI payments before the dissolution of your credit card. In case, if any of the customers applied for the cancellation of the credit card along with outstanding dues, then the process should not be accepted. HDFC bank employees found it, and they will put your request on hold until you make the payments of the outstanding balance. This is the terms and conditions laid by HDFC bank at starting. Any missed payment will lead to a legal inquiry.
- Redemption of Reward points: You should check out for unused reward points before cancellation of your credit card. You can use these points for converting to the bill payments or new goods from the HDFC bank. If you do put the cancellation request before using the reward points, then your all earned reward points will vanish.
- You should not use the credit card before cancellation: It is essential for the cardholder to not use the credit card before putting a cancellation request. If the customer finds out to use the credit card before cancellation, then the process will automatically be canceled.
- Check Latest Statement for Fraudulent activity: You should check the latest statement of your credit card before putting the deactivation request. It is advised to check for any fraudulent activity or usage on your credit card.
Does A Cancelled Or Closed Credit Card Affect The Cardholder’s Cibil Score?
It will affect only if the cardholder holds more than one credit card and use them all. It is because when you deactivate or close one credit card and use others. It somehow affects the credit limit of your cibil. However, it not advisable to close your credit card if you want to build an excellent cibil history. This will not affect the person who does not want to create a cibil score or do not get affected.
How To Reactivate A Closed Or Cancelled HDFC Credit Card?
If you want to reactivate a closed or canceled HDFC bank credit card, you need to download the application form for the revision of your credit card and submit it to the home branch. Once submitted the canceled card will get activated within a week and the new card will also get dispatch to your postal address.
We know that the HDFC bank is the best private bank in the private banking sector. HDFC bank provides all the banking services which we need for day to day operations. Apart from the banking services, they do offer a quick credit card to the customers as well. Sometimes, it is not easy to handle loads of credit, and therefore, it is advised for the customers to close or cancel their credit card. If you wish to do the same, then the process for closing or canceling the HDFC bank credit card is added here. If there is anything else you need to know, then you can ask us in the comments section.
I am Arjun Kumar. I am the owner and administrator of Finance Gradeup. I have completed my education in Arts & Technology. Arjun Kumar usually has interests in playing games, reading and writing. He was a brilliant student during his college days. He also works for many private companies, but the main interest of Arjun Kumar is digital marketing. He thinks that reading is a must before providing any quality information to his readers. You can find Arjun Kumar on much social media handles online, or you can learn more about him in about us page.