The headquarters of the government-owned Punjab & Sind Bank are in New Delhi, India. Having been founded in 1908, it is one of the nation’s oldest banks and has a large presence in India’s northern regions. Investors, dealers, and analysts all keep a careful eye on Punjab & Sind Bank’s share price, just like they do with many other banks. The bank has faced a number of difficulties recently, including an increase in non-performing assets, which has affected the value of its stock. This article will examine the elements that have influenced Punjab & Sind Bank’s share price in further detail and speculate on what the future may hold for this venerable financial institution.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE:
PUNJAB & SIND IN RECENT NEWS
- Punjab & Sind Bank intends to generate Rs 750 crore through bond issuance in order to finance its expansion efforts.
- According to the Managing Director and CEO, Mr. Saha, Punjab & Sind Bank has set a target to inaugurate 40 additional branches during this fiscal year.
- The inauguration of Punjab & Sind Bank’s new corporate office was graced by Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Punjab & Sind Bank has announced a 32% growth in its Profit After Tax (PAT) to Rs 457 crore in the fourth quarter, as the losses from provisions have reduced. The bank has also declared a dividend.
- Shares of Punjab & Sind Bank witnessed a significant surge of nearly 10% as the bank proudly highlights its extensive network of over 1,553 branches spread across various locations in India.
P&S BANK SHARE PRICE TARGET 2023
|P&S SHARE PRICE TARGET 2023||Maximum Price||Minimum Price|
The share price prediction table for Punjab & Sind Bank in 2023 shows an upward trend, with the maximum price reaching ₹38.96 in December and the minimum price hovering around ₹34.12 in July. The growth percentage in the share price is expected to be bullish, with the maximum price expected to grow by 34.1% in December compared to July.
The share price also experiences a decline for October , but quickly bounces back in the following months.
The prediction indicates that the overall trend for P&S Bank share price in 2023 is bullish, with a growth percentage that suggests potential profitability for investors who buy in at lower prices. However, as with any stock, there are risks involved, and investors should do their due diligence before making any investment decisions.
P&S BANK SHARE PRICE TARGET 2024
|P&S BANK SHARE PRICE TARGET 2024||Maximum Price||Minimum Price|
The share price prediction table for Punjab & Sind Bank in 2024 shows a mixed trend, with the maximum price reaching ₹50.34 in December and the minimum price hovering around ₹26.09 in May. The maximum price target for 2024 is higher than that of 2023, indicating potential growth for the bank. However, the minimum price target is also lower than the previous year, suggesting a potential downside risk for investors.
The maximum and minimum price targets indicate a growth percentage range of 93.2% to -88.7% compared to the maximum and minimum price targets of 2023, indicating higher volatility in the stock. The share price experiences a significant rise in January, February, and March, followed by a sharp decline in April and May. It then shows a slight uptrend for the next three months before experiencing another decline in September.
The maximum price target for October and November is relatively high, indicating potential growth for the bank during this period. However, as with any stock, there are risks involved, and investors should exercise caution before making any investment decisions. Overall, the maximum and minimum share price targets for 2024 suggest a mixed trend, with the potential for both growth and downside risk in the stock.
P&S BANK SHARE PRICE TARGET 2025
|P&S BANK SHARE PRICE TARGET 2025||Maximum Price||Minimum Price|
The share price prediction table for Punjab & Sind Bank in 2025 indicates a bullish trend, with the maximum price target reaching ₹61.06 in December and the minimum price target hovering around ₹35.43 in May. The maximum price target is significantly higher than that of the previous year, indicating potential growth for the bank.
However, the minimum price target is also higher, suggesting a reduced downside risk for investors. The maximum and minimum price targets indicate a growth percentage range of 72.8% to -28.9% compared to the maximum and minimum price targets of 2024, indicating slightly lower volatility in the stock.The share price shows an overall uptrend in the first quarter, with the maximum price target reaching ₹56.75 in March.
It then experiences a slight decline in April and May before resuming an uptrend for the rest of the year. The maximum price targets for October, November, and December are relatively high, indicating potential growth for the bank during this period. However, as with any investment, there are risks involved, and investors should exercise caution before making any investment decisions.
P&S BANK SHARE PRICE TARGET 2026 TO 2030
|P&S BANK SHARE PRICE TARGET BY||Maximum Price||Minimum Price|
Looking ahead, the P&S Bank share price target for 2026 to 2030 is expected to be highly volatile based on the historical trends. According to the given data, the maximum share price target for 2026 is ₹42.74 and the minimum target is ₹29.92. In 2027, the maximum and minimum targets are ₹36.33 and ₹25.43, respectively.
The share price target is expected to be bullish in 2028, with a maximum of ₹65.40 and a minimum of ₹45.78. In 2029, the share price target is predicted to be even more bullish, with a maximum of ₹134.34 and a minimum of ₹94.04.
Finally, in 2030, the maximum target is estimated to be ₹149.61 and the minimum target is ₹104.72. Investors should keep in mind that the share prices can be influenced by various factors, such as the economic situation, government policies, and company performance. Therefore, it is important to stay informed and make investment decisions accordingly.
CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE:
FINANCIAL STRENGTH OF P&S BANK (2019TO 2023)
|Year||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021||Mar 2022||Mar 2023|
|Financing Margin %||-20%||-30%||-60%||5%||10%|
|Profit before tax||-859||-1,522||-3,404||1,187||1,620|
|EPS in Rs||-9.62||-14.13||-6.74||1.53||1.94|
|Dividend Payout %||0%||0%||0%||20%||25%|
P&S Bank’s financial statement for the past five years shows a mix of growth and decline.
In conclusion, analyzing the financial data of Punjab & Sind Bank from March 2019 to March 2023, we observe varying growth trends in different years:
- Revenue: The bank experienced a gradual decline in revenue from 8,559 crores in March 2019 to 7,993 crores in March 2023.
- Interest: The interest income showed a downward trend, decreasing from 6,279 crores in March 2019 to 5,019 crores in March 2023.
- Expenses: After reaching a peak at 6,468 crores in March 2021, the bank successfully reduced its expenses to 2,145 crores in March 2023.
- Financing Profit: The bank faced challenges in financing profit, with negative figures in some years. However, it managed to recover to 828 crores in March 2023.
- Net Profit: The bank encountered losses in net profit, with a significant decline to -2,733 crores in March 2021. However, it rebounded to 1,313 crores in March 2023, indicating a positive turnaround.
- Dividend Payout: After a two-year hiatus, the bank resumed dividend payouts in March 2022 with a 20% dividend payout percentage, which increased to 25% in March 2023.
Overall, the bank experienced a mix of challenges and improvements during the period under review. It faced revenue and profit fluctuations, but managed to reduce expenses and achieve positive growth in some areas. These financial indicators highlight the bank’s efforts to navigate the evolving market conditions and work towards sustainable growth.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE:
What is P&S Bank?
It is Punjab & Sind Bank.Punjab & Sind Bank is an Indian public sector bank headquartered in New Delhi.
What is the financial performance of P&S Bank in the last five years?
In the last five years, P&S Bank has experienced fluctuations in its financial performance, with a decrease in revenue and profit in some years and an increase in others. There was a significant decrease in PAT in the year 2021.
The maximum share price target of P&S Bank in 2030 is ₹50.34
The maximum share price target of P&S Bank in 2030 is Rs.149.61.
POINTS TO NOTICE WHILE INVESTING INP&S BANK:
- Company has low interest coverage ratio.
- The company has delivered a poor sales growth of 0.11% over past five years.
- Company has a low return on equity of -1.17% over last 3 years.
- Contingent liabilities of Rs.8,601 Cr.
- Company might be capitalizing the interest cost
CONCLUSION: P&S BANK
The company seems to have had a mixed success during the last five years, according to P&S Bank’s financial disclosures. The company has experienced difficulties with provisions and contingencies as well as profit after tax, despite modest growth in total income and net interest margin. Although there was a good growth in FY 2022, PAT has been declining for the previous four years, and it is uncertain whether this trend would continue.
It is difficult to determine for sure at this point whether P&S Bank shares are a smart investment given these concerns. More investigation and analysis would be required by potential investors, taking into account elements like market trends, competition, and the strategic goals of the organisation.
Suhani Bhat, a student of Hansraj college, is a finance writer who takes deep interest in stock market, mutual funds, and other financial news. She writes for multiple finance blogs, including Financegradeup.com. Other than English, she also speaks Hindi.